There is a limited tax break in Ireland for long service awards. According to Revenue, a taxable benefit does not arise in respect of Long Service Awards where the following conditions are satisfied –
• the award is made as a testimonial to mark long service of not less than 20 years
• the award takes the form of a tangible article(s) of reasonable cost
• the cost does not exceed €50 for each year of service, and
• no similar award has been made to the recipient within the previous 5 years.
• The award must NOT be in the form of cash, vouchers, bonds etc.
For the full revenue policy on long service awards, please visit –